Topic: with all of the advancements we’ve made in technology to be able to spy on each other are we violating civilians rights and do we need to update the fourth amendment?
For this class, you must conduct research on a criminal constitutional issue approved by your instructor and write a paper analyzing what you find, using U.S. Constitutional provisions, statutes, and court cases to support how you would solve the constitutional issue, and discussing social policy implications of your solution to the issue. You will be sharing your research in a discussion in Unit 8.
The purposes in conducting this research and writing this paper are to:
- Improve your ability to synthesize, analyze, and evaluate information carefully and objectively, using the U.S. Constitution, statutes, and U.S. Supreme Court cases
- Use the gathered information to propose a solution to a criminal constitutional issue;
- Discuss social policy implications of your solution
- Demonstrate that you understand the terminology and the concepts used in constitutional law, and how constitutional provisions, statutes, and case decisions are interrelated.
- Present your ideas in clear written form directed to a specific audience, in this case, your class.
- Write technically correctly using APA Style
Write a research paper paper explaining the instructor-approved issue, your proposed outcome, the social policy implications of your solution, and the research that supports your outcome for the topic.
Include the following:
- Research the provision(s) of the United States Constitution that are at the heart of the criminal issue.
- Research any federal or state statutes that impact this issue.
- Research previous decisions of the United States Supreme Court that impact this issue.
- Conduct searches for any pending case(s) before the U.S. Supreme Court that may involve this issue.
- Based on your research, determine what should be the solution of this constitutional issue.
- Consider social policy implications of your solution.
Your paper must include:
- A cover page
- Clear statement of the constitutional issue
- Discussion of your research
- Clear statement of your proposed solution, with supporting argument
- Discussion of social policy implications of your solution
- Reference page, using APA styl