what economic, political and social developments occurred in this era;
Did economic, political and social developments in the Gilded Age make people living in the United States more or less free? In answering this question, you need to explain what economic, political and social developments occurred in this era; you need to consider how these developments altered life, for better or worse, for various populations in the United States (think here, for example, about nonwhite populations, ethnic Mexicans, southern and eastern European immigrants, women across racial and class lines, the working class broadly, business leaders, urban and rural populations). The best possible answer will consider the era prior to the Gilded Age, and the lingering effects of Gilded Age transformations.
- Present a clear argument right away that answers the question directly.
- Take up ALL of the hints and guidelines provided in the question.
- Always explain your arguments – don’t assume your reader will automatically know what you’re talking about.
- Always provide evidence for your arguments using material from the lectures and the textbook and (to the extent they’re useful) the relevant discussion boards.
- Try your best to write in paragraphs.
- Include an introduction and conclusion