US Navy Admiral William H. McRaven, one of the most decorated US commanders of our time, delivers one of the best motivational speeches you will ever hear. “Life is a struggle and the potential for failure is ever present, but those who live in fear of failure, or hardship, or embarrassment will never achieve their potential. Without pushing your limits, without occasionally sliding down the rope headfirst, without daring greatly, you will never know what is truly possible in your life.” ― William H. McRaven
- Admiral McRaven Leaves the Audience SPEECHLESS, (15:59 min.), https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBuIGBCF9jc, 2018
For this week’s Discussion Board, please complete the following:
- Watch the video of Admiral McRaven and take notes about the 10 lessons the speaker learned from SEAL training.
- Select 2 of the 10 lessons from the video, and describe how you can apply them to your life beginning today:
- Why did you choose these 2 lessons?
- How will you hold yourself accountable for implementing the lessons?