Identify and analyze 3 elements of life on the “rez” that Alexie uses in the short stories we read and discussed in the group discussion forums. In your thesis, explain how and why all 3 elements represent Reservation Realism. Provide evidence from text and explanations to support your 3 elements.
While focusing on each element per body paragraph, provide your analysis of 1 figurative language device (tone, language, style, imagery and/or symbolism) as it relates to the character(s) or story plot.
Conclude with your overall analysis of Alexie’s use of “alcohol-soaked” stories to depict the Indian community. Why was there a need for Alexie to expose his community like this? What is next for people on the “rez”?
- Identify three elements
- Support with convincing examples from our readings
- Provide proper set-up of introduction with a brief summary and thesis
- Provide proper set-up of conclusion and with your final observations/solutions
- Use of figurative language devices
- Review the requirements of format; this is similar to your R/R#1; for a review, you can also look at the Module “Format and Grading Rubrics” and review the link “Essay Guidelines and Format”
- Minimum 3 full pages – 4 full pages maximum
- MLA format (please use a balance of quotes and paraphrase for examples); for a review on MLA format and guidelines, you can look at the Module “MLA References”