Store Project 1
Fashion Business 50 points possible
This portion of the project focuses on the Retailer and its history. Many companies have experienced buy-outs or mergers in the recent past, so make sure your research uncovers the original owners/founders as well as who the current parent company or managing partners are. Include the following information in your PowerPoint:
Facts about the company
- Brief history, where and when established, founding owner/partners
- Product lines (what manufacturers/labels are carried, price ranges offered, private label lines carried)
- Merger/acquisition information if appropriate, with name of parent company and relevant information regarding this transaction
- Number of stores in operation, with discussion of other channels of retail being used (Online store site? Social media presence?)
- Sales figures from most recent year; compare with prior year to discuss if sales figures are in a positive or negative position
- Stock exchange information if applicable
Power Point Document
- 8-10 Slides, using a cohesive style throughout
- Each slide should include some visuals for interest, as well as some text (bullet points work well) for increased information understanding
- Cite your sources used, and include this page at the end of presentation
Fashion Business Rubric 50 points possible
Company Facts 20
Sales Information 10
Thorough bullet point notes 15
Power Point quality 5
- Discuss the profile of the selected retailer.
- Describe the target market for this retailer using demographics and psychographics.
- Discuss price points.
- Describe their product mix.
- This may include ;
- categories and key core vendors,
- If products are private label (the store’s own brand, rather than a mix of outside brands and designers), just discuss the categories, not vendors.
- Include images,
- key silhouette illustrations/photos,
- color swatches (at least two squares of color that are large enough to see. If you were to hold them in your hand, in real life, they would be about 2″x 2″)
- and fabric swatches ( again, if you were to hold them in your hand, in real life, they would be about 2″x 2″. Include at least two representative fabrics).
- This may include ;
- Identify their current promotions, publicity, advertising, and visual promotions, including their promotional calendar and use of social media.
- Use photos, computer graphics and typed text to describe the store layout, floor plans, fixture placements, displays and product mix/placement.
- Identify their main competitive retailer or retailers.