Should the US support initiatives that restrict carbon emissions (or carbon pollution)
Persuasive Essay (Due Week Four)
· The persuasive essay requires you to argue a position on a debatable topic.
· You will support your position by conducting research, evaluating evidence, and presenting it in a well-organized essay.
· This assignment is based on research. It is not simply a preference or an expression of your opinion.
· The goal is to persuade a reader to adopt a certain point of view by using reliable sources, statistics and facts, logic, examples, and expert opinions.
· The essay should address an opposing view, and respectfully state why your position is stronger.
· The final essay should include a thesis statement, clear position on chosen topic, acknowledgement of the opposing view, clear purpose and direction, and effective conclusion.
· Revised essay should be error free and consistent in tone, point of view and verb tense.
· Three reliable sources are required to support your position.
· Reliable sources include Keiser Library, Google scholar, and others approved by your instructor.
*See Revision Worksheet and Rubric for guidance and assessment of your work.
· 1000 words minimum
· Must include three sources with in-text and reference citations
· Microsoft Word document
· APA Format with title page, introduction, body, conclusion, and reference page