Short Story Essay
- Read all material listed in the Learning Activities folder.
- Participate in the discussion located at the Discussion Board link on the course menu.
- Continue reading your novel.
- Write an essay of 750-1000 words on the use of a single literary device (from the list of terms in the Learning Activities folder) used within one of the short stories you read for this lesson. Be sure to:
- Include an alphanumeric outline.
- Use MLA format.
- Include a Works Cited page.
- Create the essay with the understanding that this is not a book report. Don’t summarize the story, as that is only appropriate for a sentence or two in the introduction. Tell me how a literary device was used in the story.
- Cite examples from the story in support of your argument using proper MLA format (quotations for direct citations, as well as parenthetical references for both these and paraphrases).
- Check the syllabus for the due date.
- Charlotte Perkins Gilman, “The Yellow Wallpaper”