Please watch One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myQhc4PQNfE&t=3685s)
Think about the following questions and themes for your critical analysis (2 pages).
- 1. What do Nurse Ratched and McMurphy believe are the keys to defeating one another?
2. What is Nurse Ratched’s primary technique of manipulation among the men of the ward?
3. What is the purpose of EST in the context of the patients’ individual treatments?
4. How might the story of McMurphy be understood as a religious metaphor?
- 5. Why is Chief Bromden the narrator instead of McMurphy?
6. Does McMurphy forget to leave on the night of his escape, or is it purposeful self-sacrifice?
7. Is Nurse Ratched the true villain of the story?
- Dialogism and the film
Individual vs. Society
Sanity and “Insanity”