Your End of Module Assignment should be submitted at the end of Week 6 of the module. Please check the deadline details page for the exact date.
Choose an organisation with which you are familiar. Your chosen organisation has employed you as a consultant. Your brief is to write a 2,500 – 3,000 word management report.
The report should:
- Briefly provide background information about the organisation.
- Critically analyse how the organisation currently manages and co-ordinates projects in order to ensure the best possible outcomes.
- Evaluate how the organisation uses qualitative and quantitative data to support decision-making by project managers and/or project management offices.
- Make focused recommendations to enable the organisation to more effectively manage its projects in the future.
- Demonstrate an understanding of current Project Management approaches, including:
- An awareness of traditional project management methodologies (PMBOK and Prince 2).
- An appreciation of the project manager as a disturbance handler and problem solver.
- Ensuring project process acts as a balance between managing risk, achieving sustainability and providing a vehicle of opportunity.
- Reflect on and critique their own experience in organisations
- Appreciate the commercial and behavioural issues in the management of projects
Your End of Module Project should be submitted in a report format and have a word count of between 2,500 and 3,000 words.