Personal Development Plan
Employee development through performance management is important. However, we must not ignore the importance of ensuring our managers and leaders are developed. Just like subordinates are measured using performance standards, managers should also be measured against set standards.
For this assignment, you are required to create a self-assessment of yourself. Specifically, pretend that you’re a manager. Discuss the following:
Overall Strengths (2 minimum)
- Overall Weaknesses (2 minimum)
- Accomplishments in your Employment
- Two (2) personal goals and two (2) professional goals that you hope to accomplish
- Feedback that you can apply to achieve your goals. For this requirement, consider the feedback that you have received from parents, friends, classmates, instructors, etc. and how this feedback will assist you in improving/accomplishing your goals.
Think about your overall strengths and weaknesses in terms of competencies you need to be an effective manager at work.
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 4-6 pages in length. With the exception of a title page, no citations or references are required for this assignment. This should be an honest assessment of your personal and professional needs. This assignment can be written in paragraph form, or it can be submitted in a bulleted format with expanded comments.
- Applied course material concepts, principles, theories and any applicable analytical tools along with at least two scholarly peer-reviewed sources.
- Text book Aguinis, H. (2019). Performance Management (4th ed.)