Marketing Research Plan/Essay
This 601 assignment should be a 10 page essay
(excluding cover page and references). You should use a minimum of
9 academic sources in this assignment (list provided at end).
Objective: The objective of this assignment is to continue to build on
the research you started in the Case Assignment to develop a
complete Marketing Research paper.
Scenario: Remember that you were hired as a marketing researcher in
a firm comparable to Edward Jones (see previous paper attached but expound upon where instructor noted that there should have been a question asked). The CEO of the firm approached
you with the following:
- Many people in minority groups, including African Americans,
Hispanic Americans, Asian Americans, and Native Americans,
do not invest. What exploratory research can be done to
develop business with these minority markets?
- Another group with low investment activity includes those who
stopped their education at the high school level. What factors
should the organization consider in designing focus groups
with these potential clients?
You made an initial plan to address the CEOs questions/concerns
incorporating the following:
Ethical considerations in Marketing Research
Used one of the following methods (Focus Groups, Depth
Interviewing, or Observation Method)
Created a Likert Scale to use in questionnaire
Developed a primary research question to determine what you
really wanted to know.
For this paper, you will continue where you left off but now you will
add an area for each of the elements of a research report (see
http://www.socialresearchmethods.net/kb/guideelements.php). For the
methodology section, state the sample population and the tests you
plan to use along with the assumptions, e.g., what do these tests
purport to measure. Don’t forget to provide at least two hypotheses.
In addition, discuss in detail your sample, procedures you plan to use,
and provide your questionnaire and focus group questions as
appendices at the end of your paper. Based upon what you learned in
the last few modules, your questionnaires should have improved.
Do NOT survey anyone for this assignment, but provide a summary of
the expected outcomes and implications, e.g., individuals surveyed,
your organization, and or society overall.
In your conclusion, provide no more than 3-4 sentences on how you
believe your Marketing Research Report can be used in your future.
Again, this assignment is not to make you a statistician, which is why I
am not asking you for major calculations or to survey a sample
population. Nevertheless, if you do this assignment with enthusiasm,
you have a blueprint to build on for years to come.
Writing guidelines for your paper:
10 pages (not including title page and references page)
Double-spaced with 1-inch margins and typed in 12-point
Times New Roman.
Proofread for spelling and grammar mistakes.
Cite all texts used, including page numbers to avoid plagiarism.
Incorporate a thesis statement and conclusion that are both
supported by research and analysis. Sources are provided. Please use a minimum of 5 sources from what I provided, other academic references after to get to a total of 9 sources.
Use sources from case assignment attached &
- Read Chapter 11, Survey Research and the Quality of Survey Data Among Ethnic Minorities, (pp. 235-248) located in Biemer, P. P., De, L. E. D., Eckman, S., Edwards, B., Kreuter, F., Lyberg, L. E., Tucker, C., & West, B. T. (Eds.). (2017). Total survey error in practice : Improving quality in the era of big data.
- An Overview of Market Research Methods. Retrieved from http://www.mymarketresearchmethods.com/an-overview-of-market-research-methods/
- How to design a good survey (guide). (2018). Available at https://manual.limesurvey.org/How_to_design_a_good_survey_(guide)
- Survey design best practices: How to write a good questionnaire. (n.d.). Available at https://www.mymarketresearchmethods.com/survey-design-best-practices/
- The 20 most valuable market research surveys. (n.d.). Available at https://www.qualtrics.com/experience-management/research/common-types-of-surveys/
- Measures of central tendency. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://statistics.laerd.com/statistical-guides/measures-central-tendency-mean-mode-median.php
- Qualitative and quantitative marketing research[Video file]. (2016). Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUcrS_YI0q0 (11:39)
- Papadakis, J., Rothschild, D., and Konitzer, T. (2018). The methodology that is overcoming some of market research’s biggest obstacles. Available at https://greenbookblog.org/2018/10/11/organic-sampling-methodology/
- Wilmot, J. (2017). The ultimate guide to product sampling in e-commerce. Available at http://blog.bazaarvoice.com/2017/11/15/product-sampling-guide-ecommerce/
- Fossett, J., Gilchrist, D. and Luca, M. (2018). Using experiments to launch new products. Available at https://hbr.org/2018/11/using-experiments-to-launch-new-products
- Read Chapter 1: Gathering primary research data (pp. 1-49) in Clippinger, D. (2017). Business research reporting.
- Hypothesis testing. (n.d.). Available at https://www.ashokcharan.com/Marketing-Analytics/~st-hypothesis-testing.php
- Anderson, T. (2018). Statistical significance in marketing: Why does it matter? Available at https://www.disruptiveadvertising.com/conversion-rate-optimization/statistical-significance/
- This is an excellent resource to add to your own library for future use.
- Cremonezi, L. (2018). Introducing statistics in market research. (2nd ed.). Available at https://www.ipsos.com/sites/default/files/ct/publication/documents/2018-02/intro_to_stats_2018.pdf
- Read Chapter 2: Analyzing business research data (pp. 51-72) in Clippinger, D. (2017). Business research reporting.
- Harrison, M. (n.d.). The key ingredients of world-class market research presentations: It’s all about storytelling. Retrieved from https://www.b2binternational.com/publications/world-class-market-research-presentations-storytelling/
- Boeckelman, C. (2019). How to turn survey results into awesome presentations. Available at https://www.getfeedback.com/blog/turn-survey-results-into-awesome-presentations/
- Jesurun, C. (2018). Turning insights into action. Available at https://www.quirks.com/articles/turning-insights-into-action
- Report preparation and presentation. (10 Sept 2017). [Video]. Available at https://youtu.be/bGytWh5xwiY (31:32)
Please contact me if you have any questions about the assignment.