- An APA or MLA formatted citation of the article at the top of the review.
- A one-page summary of the article that briefly outlines the article in your own words. Explain what the article discusses without quoting the author(s) word-for-word.
- A one-page critique of the article which discusses the following four questions:
- How does the information in this article increase your understanding of the field?
- What did you learn that was surprising? Or, what did you learn that you disagree with based on your experience?
- How could this information impact you as a current or future businessperson?
- What is your overall opinion of the usefulness of this article?
Your article reviews should follow this format:
- Double-spaced, 12 point font size, Times New Roman or Calibri.
- Exactly two pages in length: one page for the summary and one page for the critique.
- A link to the article should be included. The link to the article and the APA/MLA citation are not the same thing. I should be able to cut and paste the link in a browser to access the article.
Please use this Article Review Sample as a guide.Below are links to helpful tools that will aid you in your Article Review:
- Video Tutorial Guides
- Son of Citation Machine
Central Texas College Tutoring for Writing
- Writing Tutoring