- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Watch the videos, “The Golden Triangle of Freedom”, The Cycle of Freedom 07 – Sustainable Freedom The Key Ingredients – Golden Triangle” and “Confusing Autonomy for Freedom”
- Navigate to the threaded discussion below and respond to the following, ensuring that you also reference the course materials s to support your answers:
- Summarize the golden triangle of freedom and explain your thoughts on its importance. How is it the same or different from how you currently view freedom?
- Describe how you see the role of virtue in sustaining freedom? Do you agree that it is an important aspect of freedom? Why or why not? What moral responsibilities as presented in the video would you consider to be most important for sustaining freedom? How are religion and religious liberty an important factor in sustaining freedom based on this view?
- If freedom becomes less based on virtue in the culture, explain your view of the potential impact it may have on people of serious religious faith whether Christian, Jewish, Muslim or other. Is there a concern of oppression or marginalization of these groups now or in the future? Why or why not?
- Discuss how issues of religious liberty could impact social workers of faith providing services at agencies whether publically or privately funded? How might it also affect clients of faith? Should social workers of any faith or belief system be mandated to provide services or practices that violate their religious beliefs or convictions? Discuss why or why not referencing the code of ethics for support of your position.
- Finally, identify and describe one idea you have regarding how social workers can respond in their work with clients or agencies regarding issues of freedom and faith while being respectful of differences of thought, lifestyle and culture of other groups.
https://youtu.be/pFXQbXZm1W4 , “The Golden Triangle of Freedom”
https://youtu.be/Vmpp0biSB34 The Cycle of Freedom 07 – Sustainable Freedom The Key Ingredients –
https://youtu.be/U_r6SfzTPwY Confusing Autonomy for Freedom”
I have attached all the videos that you need to complete the assignment