Human Relationship Discussion Post
- “Rules” of friendship: Volunteer help in time of need; Respect your friend’s privacy; keep confidences; Trust and confide in one another; Stand up for the other person if they are not present; do not criticize one another in public; Show emotional support; Don’t be jealous; don’t nag; Be tolerant of the other’s friends; Be happy for them when something good has happened; Have fun together; Repay debts; Be generous in compliments; Disclose personal feelings or problems.
- Select your top 2 rules that you hold for your own platonic (non-romantic) friendships, in terms of what you expect from your friend.
- Explain why you find each of these to be important and what happens when one of these rules is violated in your friendships with a platonic friend.
- Select your top 2 rules that you hold for your friendships with a romantic partner.
- Explain why you find each of these to be important and what happens when one of these rules is violated in your friendship with a romantic partner.
- Were the 2 top rules the same for your platonic friendships and your romantic friendships? Why or why not?
This is an opinion based prompt. May include a personal experience if you are comfortable