The purpose of this assignment is to discuss organizations and leadership when serving populations of the community.
Research health care needs of the homeless and the organizations that assist the homeless in your community or region. Refer to the topic Resources for the completion of the assignment.
In a 1,000-1,250-word essay, complete the following:
- Choose one homeless organization from your local or regional community. Describe the organization’s mission or vision.
- Contact a leader in the organization and ask about the health care needs of the homeless. Describe the information you received.
- Describe how health care professionals can partner with organizations that serve the homeless in the local or regional community.
- Describe how a leader in a health care organization can initiate collaborations between health care entities and homeless organizations.
- Describe the role integrity plays in supporting health care organization compliance goals in a homeless organization setting.
- Describe the leader’s responsibilities for ethical and compliance considerations when working with homeless populations.
- Describe how the Christian worldview might motivate a health care professional to get involved with the homeless.
- From a Christian worldview perspective, explain why it is important for health care professionals to be involved in advocacy work, such as the development of policy/procedures that assist the homeless or direct assistance for the homeless.
Use a minimum of three scholarly resources in addition to the homeless organization that you have chosen.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
This assignment aligns to the following AMIA 2017 Core Competencies for Health Informatics Curricula at the master’s degree level:
F6: Social and Behavioral Aspects of Health: Knows How
F8: Professionalism: Knows How
F10: Leadership: Knows How