group planning assignment
- Needs Assessment: Assess the needs of an identified population.
- Purpose: Identify the problem to be addressed and draft a succinct, one-sentence, memorable purpose statement, easily understood and repeated by group participants.
- Composition: Consider who would be best served by the group, how potential members will be located.
- 4. Pre-group contacts: Discuss how you will reach out to and persuade potential members to join the group.
- Structure: Explain how the group sessions will be organized and structured, including methods to engage group members in session participation.
- Content: Clarify what the content of sessions will include and how you will engage diversity and difference among group participants.
- Agency context: Evaluate whether the agency/organization already has a group work service and if so, how this group will fit with the agency’s mission and other groups offered? If the agency/organization does not already have a group work service, what might be potential resistance to adding your group? How will you manage the resistance?
8. Summarize and conclude