Effective Women’s Leadership
,you will choose one of the three leaders presented in the Coronavirus: A Case Study in Women’s Effective Leadership article and discuss their leadership during the COVID-19 pandemic. To inform your analysis of their leadership in action, you will need to find one additional credible source about your chosen leader and her leadership during the pandemic. The three leaders mentioned in the article are the following:
Prior to beginning work on this assignment,
- Read Chapter 1, Chapter 3, and Chapter 4 of An Introduction to Leadership.
- Read Coronavirus: A Case Study in Women’s Effective Leadership (Links to an external site.).
- Read 7 Leadership Traits for the Post COVID-19 Workplace (Links to an external site.).
- Decide which of the three leaders you are interested in writing about, and find one credible source on this leader or her actions during the COVID-19 pandemic.
In a three- to five-page paper,
- Briefly describe the world leader you chose—Hasina, Ing-wen, or Merkel.
- Discuss “why leadership matters” in the leadership example you chose (Author, Year, p. X).
- Describe three to four traits or behaviors you observe in that world leader.
- Describe her leadership approach, based upon leadership approaches outlined in your readings.
- Assess whether Hasina, Ing-wen, or Merkel is an effective leader based on your research.
The COVID-19: A Case Study in Effective Women’s Leadership assignment
- Must be three to five pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft Word (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper in bold font
- Student’s name
- Name of institution (The University of Arizona Global Campus)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Due date
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) and Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed, or credible source in addition to the course texts.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view Quick and Easy Library Research (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Writing Center for specifications.