You may write about any topic that clearly relates to
the theme of “climate change in literature.”
• You paper must have a thesis statement, explicitly stated.
• Everything following your thesis statement must clearly work to
• Your paper must clearly deal with a topic that relates to this course.
• Your paper must be correctly formatted according to MLA standards.
• Your paper must be 7-10 pages in length
• You must properly integrate at least two of the texts we have read in
• You must properly integrate at least three of the sources from your
• You must include an MLA work cited page
Use the research paper rubric as a guide
Possible broad topics to narrow down:
– why climate literature?
– Why climate fiction?
– Climate fiction vs. reality?
The impact of climate fiction
The impact of climate reality