The essay can be about anything, but it should have the Annotated bibliography also.
Prewriting: Annotated Bibliography
- Complete a rough draft of your essay and post it as a PDF file to this discussion board. Try to post this by Thursday so your peers will have time to read and respond to your essay.
- Read at least two of your classmates’ essays and provide constructive criticism, answering the questions below and offering at least three helpful comments. If you see that a number of responses have been given to a particular essay, try to choose someone else’s so everyone benefits from peer review.
- Does the essay’s opening introduce the topic and capture the reader’s interest? Is the thesis strong, specific, and clear? How could the introduction and thesis be strengthened?
- What is the writer’s purpose? What are they informing you about and what angle are they taking to provide you with this information?
- Does the author meet all of the requirements for this essay? Do they meet the word count?
- What sources does the writer use? Does the writer effectively use their research to support the thesis? How could they improve?
- Does the writer use correct citation for all quotes, paraphrases, and summaries? Do they indicate the author and page number (if available) in the parentheses. Do they have a Works Cited page that includes all sources?