PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY!!
For this assignment, you will read a case study about Starbucks’ expansion into the Indian market (p. 413 in the textbook) and then respond to, and make decisions, based on the following questions:
- What inspired Starbucks to venture in to India? What were some of the company’s early concerns and other obstacles?
- How would you describe Starbucks’ approach to entering India and how Starbucks was influenced by cultural differences to adapt its offerings for the Indian market?
- Why did Starbucks want to enter India through a joint venture? Specifically, what benefits did Starbucks and the Tara Group both gain by partnering with one another? What synergies were present? What conflicts occurred and how were they resolved?
- Now, assume the role of the Director of Starbucks’ Indian strategic planning team. You have been tasked to explore the benefits and challenges of expansion into foreign countries through joint-venture partnerships. Describe the opportunities, benefits, and concerns that Starbucks might face by doing so. Summarize the cultural environment, choose an entry strategy from the text, and describe how you would implement this entry strategy. Make sure you are very detailed in your explanation.
Essays have an introduction (to the topic of the assignment), a body (where you will integrate your responses), and a conclusion (your thoughts on the assignment). Please do not just answer the questions as is. It is best to use APA (7th ed) headings to capture the essence of the questions as a way to make sure you have integrated all of the responses in your essay. Also, make sure you are using an APA (7th ed) paper template as a starting point.
I have uploaded the whole book for this assignment and the case study. also, the rubric will show you how grading of this assignment will be done so it is important to follow.
- Support your submission with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles and Please follow the rubric.