Consider the following scenario:
You are the Chief Human Resource Officer for Global ProTech. You have been given a directive to research and report on ways to develop employees on a global scale (parent-country nationals, host-country nationals, third-country nationals). Included in this development is not only traditional classroom training topics, but other ways to develop employees of all ages and backgrounds. This includes Baby Boomers, Gen X, Millennials, and the new Gen Z.
To complete this assignment, review the Learning Resources for this week and other resources that you have found in the Walden Library or online, then respond to the following bullet points in a report that includes 3-4 pages of content excluding the title page and references:
- Select one of the following countries to use in your report:
- South Korea
- Saudi Arabia
- Identify training programs as well as other opportunities for development that are based on the culture of the country that you have chosen and the business environment within that country. The final report will be delivered to the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Design a development plan (training and other forms of development) for both employees and managers of Global ProTech who reside in that country and those who are moving to that country to work (within 6 months). Examples of questions to begin your research (not limited to):
- What is unique about the culture of that country?
- What are some of the cultural norms that may differ from the U.S.? How do they view leadership and management? Participative? High control?
- How does that country address women and minorities in the workplace? Are there issues with diversity in that country?
Martin, K. (2018, September 20). Rotation programs as upskilling strategies. i4cp. https://www.i4cp.com/infographics/rotation-programs-as-upskilling-strategies
Longoria, M. (2020, May 29). What is the situational leadership theory? Tough Nickel. https://toughnickel.com/business/What-is-the-Situational-Leadership-Theory
Valamis. (n.d.). 11 employee development methods. Retrieved August 28, 2020, from https://www.valamis.com/hub/employee-development-methods
Gurchiek K. (2020, January 2). Look for these training trends in 2020: Expect increased gamification of content, multiple paths to career growth. Society for Human Resource Management. https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/hr-topics/organizational-and-employee-development/pages/look-for-these-training-trends-in-2020.aspx
Saunderson, R. (2016, May 11). How in the world do you develop global leaders? Training Magazine. https://trainingmag.com/trgmag-article/how-world-do-you-develop-global-leaders/
The Change School. (2015, August 5). Why Coca-Cola tests high potential leaders for cultural intelligence. http://thechangeschool.com/blog/why-coca-cola-tests-high-potential-leaders-for-cultural-intelligence