|Assignment Task 1A: [50 Marks] – Project Format
Read the following Scenario and prepare a report with the guidelines provided.
Scenario: The learner is acting as an internal Information Technology (IT) consultant for a chosen organization (preferably where the learner is currently working or any other chosen organization in mutual consultation with the instructor). The learner is required to explore the Information Technology and Information Systems capabilities, Procurement and Contract strategies, Project Management strategies and effective team management and leadership skills within the context of global business operation.
The report should include the following and written in word format:
1. Introduction of the Chosen Organization is required. The student must then highlight principles of Information Technology and Information System (IT/IS) that they think are most important to the enterprise. The business strategy of the organisation must be discussed explaining its alignment with the current IT/IS strategy of the organization. Clear emphasis on whether IT spending priorities and technology deployments are well aligned or not with the business strategy must be presented.
2. A review of the current Information Technology and Information System (IT/IS) of the organization, exploring the current and long-term solution required to address the current and future Information Communication and Technological (ICT) challenges the firm is experiencing. The proposed ICT solutions must discuss both the internal and external influences that would have led to the need for such action. Drawing from your practical experiences here would add value to your answer.
3. Procurement Managers are responsible for buying goods for your company either for use or resale. They are responsible for closing the best purchasing deals for products and services on the market to minimize company procurement costs. Explore how your organisation’s IT procurement strategy which is likely to contribute to a successful and or more profitable enterprise. Further, critically evaluate a Supplier Evaluation Method (using metric) your organisation uses or likely to use to determine the ICT procurement needs. Again, we encourage students to draw from the examples of other firms, sharing their experiences in relation to the question.
The report shall not exceed 4,000 words and should include relevant examples and illustrations.
Task 1B [20 Marks] – Presentation
Learners must design and present to the Board of Directors, a PowerPoint presentation, briefly answering the following questions.
● A brief insight on IT strategic leadership of your organizations.
● Articulate three IT objectives of strategic leadership emphasized by your organisation.
● Highlight how the strategic leadership influences and drive the need for building advantages for Information Technology unit.
● Discuss two key challenges on IT strategic leadership and how it can be addressed from the organisational perspective.
A total of 10 minutes will be assigned for each presentation, with an additional 5 minutes for questions-answers session. Marks are allocated for content, engagement, delivery and Q & A. [20 Marks]
|Assignment Task – 2: [30 Marks] – Project Plan and PERT
Propose a project management plan for implementing artificial intelligence software in your organisation to bring-in agility in your overall business-IT operation. Discuss how the project plan will impact the overall strategic business objectives of the organization.
The project plan must be an active plan where the student is encouraged to make real life assumptions and not just engage the reader in theory. The plan should define the following:
● Business objectives
● Project scope
● Project objectives
● Project assumptions
● Project roles and responsibilities
● Timeline with Gantt charts
● Risk management with populated template
● Stakeholder management with populated matrix
● Project funding
● Other areas can be discussed
Assuming that below are the stages for your project plan re the implementation of the new software, you must design a PERT diagram showing its Critical path. You must highlight the drawbacks of applying PERT in the project and recommend ways of mitigating them.
The report shall not exceed 2,000 words and should include relevant examples and illustrations.